Experience the best of Mid-Twentieth Century Modern Architecture at The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio. Group, Private, and Daily Public Tours available by advanced reservation.
Imaginatively woven into the natural environment, the structure elicits you to question, peek around corners and travel on unknown paths. Be drawn in by the diverging angles, soaring roof lines, and brilliant color, natural light, and geometric patterns. The integration of building and site exemplifies Dow’s organic design philosophy.
Type of Attraction: We are a House Museum that is also a National Historic Landmark
Group Rates: ADVANCED RESERVATIONS REQUIRED
- Public Tour, Adult: $18.00 Tour, Senior: $15.00 Tour, Student: $8.00
- Group Rate I: $12.00 for 15 or more people, finishing during business hours.
- Group Rate II: $15.00 for 15 or more people, finishing after business hours.
- Group Rate III: $300.00 for less than 15 people, finishing during business hours.
- Group Rate IV: $350.00 for less than 15 people, finishing after business hours.
- Educational Class Tour, K-12: Free of Charge
- Educational Class Tour, College/University + extra focus (within reason): $8.00 per student
Drivers/Escort Rate: Bus groups only: 1 Tour Director and 1 Bus Driver is comped.
If the Bus Driver joins the tour they may not leave the group early to retrieve the bus. They may leave once their group returns to the reception area.
Bus parking is available.
Seasonal Dates: February-December. Closed to the public the month of January.
Seasonal Hours: Visit website for details.
Office hours Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm
Tours by reservation
- Dow Gardens,
- Dow Diamond,
- Midland Center for the Arts,
- Chippewa Nature Center,
- Midland Community Center,
- Midland Downtown Business Alliance,
- Whiting Forest Canopy Walk
We require a credit card to hold the reservation, with two follow up calls 1-30 days in advance and 1-1 week in advance.
Card will be charged the day of the tour using the head count from week prior phone call head count.
Cancellation Policy: If cancellation becomes necessary, please contact us two weeks prior to your tour for a full refund. If cancellation is made one week prior to your tour, you will receive a 50% refund. If no cancellation is given, no refund will be given.
Alden B. Dow Home and Studio