Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is full of famous art, group-friendly attractions, and world-class food, and in 2023, the city is taking it up a notch with a whole host of new exhibitions, events, and entertainment options. No matter the time of year groups decide to visit, there will be plenty to see and do. Some of the top new Philadelphia offerings include:
- “Black Founders: The Forten Family of Philadelphia” — This exhibit runs through the end of 2023 at the Museum of the American Revolution and chronicles the life and story of African American abolitionist and businessman James Forten.
- “Disney100: The Exhibition” — In honor of Disney’s 100th anniversary this year, the Franklin Institute is featuring over 10 galleries that chronicle the beloved history of The Walt Disney Company.
- Rum Theater — This newly opened mystery murder theater is an immersive, interactive experience for audiences.
- “Rising Sun: Artists in an Uncertain America” — This collaborative exhibit at both the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts and The African American Museum in Philadelphia explores the future of American democracy through art.
- “SPACE” — In celebration of the Franklin Institute’s new expansion opening this fall, this exhibit will welcome visitors to experience what it’s like to journey through space.
- Otherworld Philadelphia — Discover the city’s newest interactive, immersive, and Instagram-ready art spaces
When visitors are checking out all the new things to do and see in Philadelphia this year, they should also stop by some of the Philly staples as well. This includes stops at historical sites such as the Betsy Ross House, Independence Hall, and the Liberty Bell. Plus, a trip to Philly should also include indulging in the well-known food scene. Groups can find many different types of food tours depending on their palates.
“We are a big city that can still provide a welcoming, small-town feel,” says Laura Smythe, Communications Manager of Visit Philadelphia. “Plus, we’re a one-stop shop for world-class destinations for food, arts and culture, performing arts, history and other experiences, making Philadelphia an ideal travel destination for travelers seeking a multi-faceted experience.”
No matter if someone is visiting Philadelphia for the first time or a seasoned Philly traveler, 2023 promises a host of new, improved, and fun experiences.
Main Image: “SPACE” exhibit at the Franklin Institute; Credit: Visit Philly
Written by Danielle Devota