Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is more than a buzz word — it is a practice that businesses follow to increase the quality and quantity of visitors to their website through organic searches. Search engines, like Google or Bing, analyze online content to determine which ads to share with internet users. Follow these tips to help your business come out on top.
Develop your website with SEO in mind.
- Make sure your site is mobile-friendly and loads as quickly as possible. The goal is to keep users from leaving before seeing your content.
- Provide a compelling and concise title for every page. Include a meta description (little blurbs that appear below the title in a search) to give users a synopsis of each page’s content.
- Tag website photos with alternative text. Descriptive text gives search engines the ability to detect and understand what is being shown.
- Test links to ensure they are working. Provide easily readable URLs that tell visitors what a specific page is about.
Build trust with content that drives people to your website.
- Start a business blog or host articles to deliver more in-depth, targeted content.
- Promote your content through social media and email campaigns. Add share buttons on your posts; the more your content is shared the better your SEO will be.
- Partner with trusted and impartial online sources. For example, travel professionals can benefit from recommendations from local CVBs or services like TripAdvisor.
- Create a Google business listing complete with reviews, ratings and other directory information to make your company easy to find.
Select keywords that target your audience.
- Utilize free tools like Google Trends and Keyword Tool to help you identify and research strong keywords.
- Help prospects who are closer to a point-of-purchase by selecting more specific keyword phrases. For example, the term “cruise” is broad that may appeal to a large audience. However, a phrase like “paddlewheel cruise on the Mississippi” narrows the search pool for travelers looking for that specific niche adventure.
- Perform a search on the keywords you have chosen. This exercise helps you determine if selected terms align with your intent and see what competitors show in the search results.
Visibility in search engines is a top priority for travel planners as the industry continues to recover. Improve your company’s SEO and watch your business grow!